Kenneth “Ken” Paris is a nearly life-long resident of East and West Dearborn, a product of Dearborn Public Schools, and a 1974 graduate of Dearborn High School. He is a Henry Ford Community College Criminal Justice graduate and later attended the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Ken Paris spent over 27 years of service with the Dearborn Police Department, retired as a Lieutenant, and spent another 12 years as the Police Lieutenant in charge of Operations and Interim Director/Police Chief for the University of Michigan-Dearborn Department of Public Safety. Ken Paris completed many high-level police executive training courses and seminars, including several offered by the FBI National Academy Associates, and is a graduate of the prestigious Northwestern University School of Police staff and Command at Eastern Michigan University. Ken Paris was a union executive board member, a trustee for the Dearborn Police and Fire Retirement system, and was a member of professional organizations such as the Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police and the Michigan Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators. Dearborn Mayor Jack O’Reilly appointed Ken to the Dearborn Traffic Commission on recommendation of Police Chief Ronald Haddad in 2013, and currently serves as Chair of the Commission. Ken Paris is a member of Dearborn Divine Child Church and currently works full time for AAA Corporate Security in Dearborn.
“A Voice of Reason. A Voice for You.” Ken calmly and reasonably seeks solutions to problems without emotions affecting good decision-making. Ken has participated and organized responses to several critically important public safety issues in the City.
- Dearborn Federation of Neighborhood Associations
- League of Women Voters
- Dearborn Police/Fire Retirees Association
- Dearborn Exchange Club
- Dearborn Goodfellows
- Knights of Columbus
- Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police
- Michigan Association of College Law Enforcement Administrators
- 2012-2013 UM-D Chancellor’s Staff Recognition Award Nominee for Exceptional Service
- 2013 June UM-D Business Affair’s Employee of the Month
- 2010-2011 UM-D Chancellor’s Staff Recognition Award Nominee For Exceptional Tem Award
- 2008 University of Michigan Outstanding Leadership Award-Honorable Mention
- 2003 August UM-D Business Affairs Excellence in Service Award
- 2000 Dearborn Police Meritorious Service Award-Career Accomplishment
- 2000 Dearborn Exchange Club Membership Award for Meritorious Service
- 2000 Optimist International-Dearborn Police Officer of the Year
- 1991 Dearborn Police Chief’s Award for Outstanding Service as a Supervisor
- 1986 Dearborn Police Chief’s Award for Outstanding Service as a Police Officer